- Olive oil spray
- 4 120g (4oz) boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 Red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1 Small handful tarragon leaves, plus extra leaves and flowers to serve
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans no-added-salt borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup Frozen peas, thawed
- 400 g Broccolini, steamed
+SAVE RECIPE / SHOPPING LIST
VIEW SAVED RECIPES
PRINT, DOWNLOAD, SHARE
Spray a large heavy-based saucepan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion wedges and celery to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onions have softened. Pour in the wine and stir until combined. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the tarragon leaves, borlotti beans, evaporated milk and peas to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and heated through.
Sprinkle the chicken and beans with the extra tarragon and serve with the broccolini.
Energy per serve: 2465kJ
This recipe is from Dr Alan Barclay’s new book, Reversing Diabetes (Murdoch Books), and is available from good bookshops and online.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 1800mg | Fiber: 14g