Rice and sweetcorn salad with blueberries and pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Low GI brown rice
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 Medium cobs fresh sweetcorn
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Diced red onion
- 1/3 cup Diced celery
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp Finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Cook both the rice according to directions on pack. Drain well and spread out in a thin layer on a tray to cool.
- Rest the tip of the cob on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle and run a sharp knife lengthways slicing off the kernels.
- Put into a large bowl with both rice, pecans, blueberries, onion, celery, and parsley.
- To make the dressing whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil and season to taste. Pour over salad and lightly toss before serving.
Nutritional information (per serve)