Pearl Couscous salad with vegetables and cashew nuts and a sesame dressing
- 250 g Pearl couscous
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 Extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g Roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Cooked corn kernels (canned is fine)
- 200 g Cooked green beans, cut into small pieces
- 300 g Cooked pumpkin cubes
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large volume of salted water to the boil. Stir in the couscous and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Drain the couscous, place in cold water to cool, and then drain again.
- In a bowl mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chilli, olive oil, cashew nuts and coriander leaves. Add the cold drained couscous and toss gently.
- Add the vegetables and toss together very gently before serving.
Gi estimation: 48, GL estimation: 12 Recipe and image supplied by Benedikts – Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more recipes go to www.blu.net.au
Nutritional information (per serve)