One pan chicken with rice and peas
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 kg Large chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Large red capsicum, seeded, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- 4 Large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2/3 cup Pitted black olives
- 2 cups Frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup Chopped mint
- Heat the oil in a large straight-sided deep pan over medium- high heat. Lightly season chicken pieces to taste and then add to the pan.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, turning until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan with garlic and capsicum and gently cook until softened. Stir in the rice, tomato and stock.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the rice mixture and bring to a lively simmer. Cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook about 25 minutes or until the rice is al dente and chicken cooked.
- Sprinkle olives and peas over and remove the pan from the heat and rest for about 10 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Sprinkle mint over and serve with wedges of lemon.
Gi estimate: Low
Nutritional information (per serve)