Gabriel Gaté’s omelette with Pearl Couscous and quinoa
- 1/4 cup Red quinoa
- 1/4 cup Pearl couscous
- 4 Medium eggs
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Brown onion, diced
- 1/2 Small green chilli, finely sliced
- 2 Sliced medium mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Finely sliced coriander leaves.
- A handful of rocket leaves
- Place the quinoa and 1 ½ cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 24 cm non-stick frypan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the chilli and mushrooms and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the eggs the coriander leaves the pearl couscous and quinoa. Stir and cook on medium heat until the eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately garnished with rocket leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)