Gabriel Gaté’s bean, beetroot and Pearl Couscous salad
- 1 cup Blu Gourmet pearl couscous
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli paste
- 2 tbsp Low-fat natural yoghurt
- 8 Canned baby beetroots (or freshly cooked)
- 400 g Can Four Bean Mix
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Small red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Finely sliced mint leaves
- Bring 3 cups of water to the boil in a saucepan and cook the pearl couscous for 10 minutes. Drain and refresh under the tap.
- In a salad bowl, mix the lemon juice with the garlic, chilli paste and yoghurt.
- Peel and dice the beetroots then place in a salad bowl with the dressing. Add the rinsed, drained beans, the tomatoes, pearl couscous, onion, parsley and mint. Toss gently and serve.
Nutritional information (per serve)