Frozen berry yoghurt
- 250 g Fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 3 200g (7 oz) tubs low fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 egg Egg whites
- 2 tbsp Pure floral honey
- Place the berries and yoghurt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks form. Add the honey a tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each addition until thick and glossy. Fold into the berry yoghurt mixture until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until frozen. Use a metal spoon to break the frozen yoghurt into chunks. Blend again in a food processor until smooth. Return to the airtight container and refreeze for 3 hours or until frozen. Serve in scoops.
- Frozen berry yoghurt ice-blocks (Makes 10), Carbohydrates 13g eachMake the Frozen Berry Yoghurt recipe up to the end of Step 2. Divide the mixture among 10x 1/3 cup (80ml/ 2.5fl oz) ice-block moulds. Tap the moulds on the bench to settle the mixture. Insert ice-block sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until set. To serve, dip the moulds into hot water for 5-10 seconds, then gently ease the ice-blocks out of the moulds by pulling on the sticks. Serve immediately.
- Mango frozen yoghurt (Carbohydrates 25g per serve)250g (9oz) chopped frozen mangoReplace the frozen berries with the mango and make following the method above.
Nutritional information (per serve)