Frozen berry rice cream
- 2 cups Clever low GI white rice
- 3 cups Soy milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 cup Reduced fat cream
- 250 g Fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries) mashed
- Line a 22cm freezer-proof loaf pan with cling wrap.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on-pack.
- Put in a pan with soy milk and vanilla and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy. Cool.
- Lightly whip cream to very soft peaks and then stir in the berries. Fold into the rice mixture, blending well and spoon into prepared pan. Gently press down and smooth the top.
- Cover tightly with cling wrap and freeze. If frozen overnight leave the loaf at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional information (per serve)