- 185 g (6 1/2 oz/1 cup) couscous
- 170 g (6 oz/1 cup) canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/ 1/2 small bunch) flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz/ 1/2 small bunch) coriander, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 red capsicum (pepper), chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum (pepper), chopped
- 180 (6 1/4 oz/1 cup) chopped mixed dried fruit, such as apricots, dates, currants, figs
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- ground black pepper
- Make the couscous according to the packet instructions — you should end up with about 450g (1 lb/2 cups) cooked couscous. Make sure the couscous is quite dry before using it.
- Put the couscous in a large serving bowl and combine with the chickpeas, herbs, cumin, capsicums, dried fruit, pistachios and pine nuts.
- To make the dressing, put the oil and lemon juice in a screw-top jar. Season with pepper, shake well, then pour over the couscous salad and toss to coat.
Nutritional information (per serve)