Chicken and parsley salad pitas
- 60 ml White wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning, or harissa seasoning
- 400 g chicken breast, lean, raw, halved horizontally
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 wholemeal pita bread
- 80 g avocado chopped
- Using a fork, whisk together the vinegar, onion, mustard and harissa seasoning in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice, then add to the onion mixture in the bowl, along with any resting juices on the plate.
- Add the celery, parsley, mint and tomato to the chicken mixture and gently toss to combine. Spoon evenly onto the pita bread, top with the avocado and serve.
Nutritional information (per serve)