Cashew nut cream
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- 4 Canned pear halves, drained
- 1/2 tsp Alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Puree for several minutes until smooth and ivory in colour, scraping down sides of the bowl half way with a spatula.
- Transfer cream to a glass jar and refrigerate, ready for use when required. Recipe is unsuitable for freezing. Makes 1½ cups.
- You can substitute ½ cup of apple juice for pears.If using peanuts, rub off their skins first, or blanch almonds to remove their skin for a whiter colour.
Nutritional information (per serve)