Planning for the festive season? You do not have to forsake all of your holiday favourites to avoid the battle of the bulge. Simply keep in mind the basic principles of swapping rich and fatty high Gi foods for healthy low Gi alternatives.
Please find below some ideas to help celebrate the festive season the low Gi way.
- Roast turkey breast, roast ham, roast sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, sweet corn and Lower Gi potatoes
- Stuffing made with Bürgen low Gi bread or traditional oats, or
- Honey and oregano roasted leg of lamb with vegetable roasties, or
- Any seafood (avoid deep fried or battered varieties)
- Blu Gourmet pearl couscous salad with vegetables and cashew nuts and sesame dressing, or
- Potato salad made with GiLICIOUS potatoes or any other salad combination – just avoid the creamy, fatty dressings
- Pavlova with light whipped cream or low fat yoghurt, sliced strawberries, bananas, grapes and passionfruit, or
- Trifle with sponge finger biscuits, diet jelly, low fat custard with strawberries and blueberries on top and 99% fat free fromage frais, or
- Vanilla pannacotta with strawberry salsa, or
- Try Christmas shaped ginger nut biscuits.
We would like to wish you and your family a very happy and peaceful festive season.